Why Camp is Great for Children
Do you remember the time when you were a kid and enjoyed spending time in summer camps? Wouldn’t you want your children to enjoy the same benefits? There are several benefits of camps that last even after the camp, as it is an enriching experience for kids.
Reasons You Should Encourage Your Children to Participate in Camps
- Camps offer children an opportunity to spend their day being physically active in swimming, running, hiking, etc. as kids these days spend their time in front of TV or computer screens.
- Camps are a great way to learn social skills as kids stay in a close knit circle where they have to respect and co-operate with each other. They learn the importance of communication.
- Kids are on their own in the camps which exposes them to the kind of environment that makes them gain resiliency. They learn to overcome setbacks and give it another try.
- Camps offer right environment, equipment, and facilities to promote their sports, artistic, or adventurous skills. The kids can explore and develop life-long skills due to exposure received in camps.
- In our urban lives, we hardly spend any time in natural surroundings. Camps give an opportunity to reconnect with nature and explore the nature beauty.
- Camps are the ideal place to unplug from technology as kids get to realize that there is so much to do apart from the TV, Computers, video games, and cell phones.
- Unlike schools, there is no pressure or pretence among kids. Thus, your child will make true friends in the camp and the friendships may be cherished for a lifetime.
- Camps help your child to experience success and become more confident as the activities in camps offer opportunity to succeed without any academic or social competition between the kids.
- Camps allow the children to have free time for unstructured play unlike the schools and home where everything is scheduled.
- Camps help children to grow more independent as they make decisions of their own and take care of themselves without any help from parents.